Insurance verification: We'll take care of all the details for you. When you come in for your appointment, we simply take a copy of your insurance card and within three business days, our insurance experts will have contacted your plan to verify your level of benefits and estimated out-of-pocket costs. We can also verify your insurance in advance if necessary.
Motor vehicle-related injuries: If your treatment is related to a motor vehicle accident, and we are submitting bills to your automobile insurance provider under your medical payments benefit, we will ask you to make payments on your account pending payment from your insurance provider. This can be a little complicated, but we’ll walk you through the process.
Pre-register: Our registration forms are available on line. You can complete them at home, then either email or fax them to us. Or if it's more convenient for you, simply come to your first appointment 15 minutes early to complete the forms right here.
Your first appointment: This is the time when your PT or OT will perform a thorough evaluation. Please be sure to bring in a photo ID and your insurance card when you come to your first appointment. Come 15 minutes early, so we can ensure that your registration is complete before the time of your appointment. At the conclusion of your evaluation, you will complete a brief functional assessment (called FOTO-Focus On Therapeutic Outcomes) that tells us what activities you can and can’t do, so we can structure therapy to meet your specific goals and actually predict how long it will take. Very cool!
Follow-up visits: After your initial evaluation, your therapist will let you know about follow-up visits and schedule these for you before you leave. About every five or six visits, we will repeat your FOTO assessment, allowing us to carefully track your progress and make sure we stay on course with your goals.
To cancel: Please call us 24 hours in advance of your appointment should you need to cancel. The more notice you can give, the better.
Other important information:
- For your first visit, wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes or exercise apparel that is easy to move around in, and shorts if you have a leg or back injury.
- Please stop at our check-out after every appointment to make payment. If your appointment is early in the morning or late in the day, just stop by the front desk and our staff can help you there.
- If your minor child is old enough to attend therapy independently, please arrange payments through him or her, or provide us your credit card information prior to the appointment.
- For anyone involved with our aquatics programs, bring a bathing suit and towel, even at your first appointment, as your therapist may have you dive right in! You can also bring a full change of clothing; Marsh Brook Rehab is fully equipped with showers and locker rooms.
- Remember, we offer extended hours of operation for your convenience, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.