Industrial Rehab Program
Work place injuries are not only common, they can be devastating. Missing time from work can cause financial and emotional hardships. Injuries can be long-lasting—and impact future employment. Through our comprehensive Industrial Rehab Program, we'll help you recover from injuries, regain function and get you back on the job, feeling better than ever, as quickly as possible.
Our team of certified physical and occupational therapists:
- Thoroughly evaluate your injury, address physical limitations, then create a customized treatment plan based on your job demands and work requirements.
- Design functional tasks that closely resemble your job's specific physical demands, addressing proper posture, body mechanics and ergonomics—all within a safe, structured and challenging environment.
- May refer you to our Fit for Work Program, which includes training sessions at the Center for Athletes, helping you improve strength and overall function to take you to the next level. Many clients end up in much better condition than before their injury!
- Partner with clinical and administrative coordinators who manage your case, conduct regular rounds while you are here being treated, monitor your progress and help you transition safely and successfully back to work. In more complex cases, your coordinators can provide second opinion reviews.
- Partner with referring medical providers, your employer, insurance adjuster and nurse case manager, providing timely communication of your status and progress through treatment, ultimately preparing you for a safe return to a productive environment.
Fit for Work
Looking to get into shape to enhance your work performance? Injured on the job? Experiencing pain and discomfort while working out? Talk to your Marsh Brook Rehab physical therapist about our Fit for Work Program.
“Fit for Work” is a unique program designed to complement the Marsh Brook Industrial Rehab program. Clients participate in an individualized one-on-one strength and conditioning program specifically designed to help ensure a safe return to their physically demanding jobs. Training sessions include job-specific task training, as well as total body strength training and overall fitness conditioning. Fit for Work clients train three times per week over a period of one to two months. Entry into the Fit for Work program is only for patients in our Industrial Rehab Program. Services are typically covered by Workers' Compensation insurance.
Functional Capacity Assessment
If your ability to return
to the same job is unclear, our trained Assessment Specialists can administer a
safe, unbiased Functional Capacity Assessment to guide your medical team and
employer in placing you in a more appropriate job.
Data and Outcomes
Our team collects data on all of our injured workers—confidentially, of course. Using this pool of data, we create baseline statistics and calculate patient outcomes, which are compared to national benchmarks. This allows us to monitor program effectiveness and improve it as necessary. Currently our outcomes score in the nation’s top 5% of all clinics in the treatment of work-injured employees!